CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, September 17, 2009

Book Review: A New Job for Dilly by Rena Jones

Good morning Bloggerville fans. Zebee here and today I have a really fun book to share with you. When our boss Joy read this one to us, we all started thinking about what kinds of jobs we could do.


Okay, so here's what she has to say:

Dilly is a rat. A rat who loves sour pickles. They are his most favorite food in the whole world. He picks one up off the floor of a deli and gets chased by a man who calls him a theif. Dilly is tired of being chased and called a thief so he decides to get a job.

Dilly searches and finds jobs that take him trough the alphabet. He tries being a clown, a housekeeper, and optician and every other letter of the alphabet. Will Dilly find his perfect job? You'll need to read the story to find out.

Lisa Oakman's illustrations are lively and cute. You feel like you're right there with Dilly at every job he tries. Together Rena and Lisa have created a story that will delight children of all ages.

Where can you buy this book?


We here at the V Zoo came up with jobs we could do. Here's our list:

Zebee: I think I'll keep the jobs I have as Mascot and roving reporter.
Mori: I could be an Ear Nose and Throat doctor.
Elvis: I will be a spy and fly places to see what's going on and report back to headquarters.
Star: I can be a movie star and travel the world acting.
Billy: I want to be an acrobat.
Lenny: I will be a hunter and hunt at night.

As you can see, we all came up with ideas of what kinds of jobs we can do. How about you. Do you know what you want to do when you grow up? Please share, we love to hear from you.

Bye for today, see you back here Sunday with more zoo news.

posted by Zebee aka Joy Delgado
We go Beyond Reading
Laughing Zebra – Books for Children
Fun ways to help children learn
Books Go Beyond Reading















7 comments:

Rena Jones said...

Thanks so much for featuring my book, A New Job for Dilly, today. It's a fun book and I've gotten some really great feedback from both kids and adults.

This is the first in a series. In the next book, due out around February, Dilly searches from A to Z to find himself a friend. After all, rats can't live on pickles alone!

Thanks again, Joy! :)

Joy Louise said...

You're welcome Rena. Maybe when Dilly's next book comes out he can come visit with the animals at the V Zoo. They really liked his book, so I'm sure they would love to meet him and give him a tour of the zoo. What do you think?

Joy aka Zebee, or is it the other way around?

Rena Jones said...

That would be great! The first of my Critter books, Lemur Troops & Critter Groups, will be out soon as well. :)

Joy Louise said...

OOOH!!! We'd love to meet all your critters!

Joy aka Zebee or is it the other way around?

Kelly Polark said...

My son loved Rena's book! It's so fun!

Joy Louise said...

Thanks Kelly for stopping by. What's your son's favorite job that Dilly tries?

Joy

Vivian Zabel said...

I so enjoy reading about Dilly. He's my most favorite little rat.

He's also going to be in other books.