CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, December 3, 2009

Book Review: My Grandmother's Kitchen Rules by Bill Kirk

Good Thursday everyone, Zebee here. When my boss Joy said that today's book was written by Bill Kirk, I got excited. I really like his book "There's a Spider in My Sink" that she read to us a while back. So, let's see what she has to say about this book of Bill's.

* * * * *
Today’s book is a cute rhyming story about a young girl and her grandmother. Grandma loves all the things in nature that her granddaughter brings home, with one exception. Ants! Read along as all kinds of creatures and discoveries are brought home. See what happens when ants are introduced and the problems they bring with them. Do they get rid of them, if so, how? I'm not telling, you have to read this wonderful story to find out!

The illustrations in this charming story capture your attention and bring the rhyme to life. Lots of color and fun borders on each page bring you into the story.

At the end of the story there are six pages of factoids, activities, games and a list of websites where you can go to learn more about ants.

Bill has once again combined a fun rhyming story with science.

* * * * *

I think the thing I learned that really surprised me was the fact that if you collected all the ants in the world (that would be 10 QUADRILLION!!!) they would weigh as much as all the people in the world! That's a lot of ants.

So, where can you buy your copy of this great book?

Pick up your copy today at Guardian Angel Publishing.



You can visit Bill over at his site Bill Kirk Writes. See what else this talented writer is up to.

See you back here Sunday with more zoo news.

posted by Zebee aka Joy Delgado
We go Beyond Reading
Laughing Zebra – Books for Children
Fun ways to help children learn
Books Go Beyond Reading


1 comments:

billkirkwrites said...

Thanks so much for reviewing "My Grandma's Kitchen Rules!", Joy. I'm very glad to be a part of your (and Zebee's) Zooprise Party.

Bill