CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, April 30, 2008

The adventures of Elvis

Boy do I have a story for you today! You know how Elvis is ‘practicing’ opening all the exhibits getting ready for the ‘Big Event’, right? Well, last night he opened the Chimpanzee exhibit. Bobby got out and, well, I’ll let you listen in as he tells Lito what happened.

“Lito, I don’t think this is such a good idea any more.”

“Why Elvis?”

“Last night, it was time for the Chimpanzee exhibit trial. And, well you know how Billy is. His mom had assured me that he would behave. No such luck! As soon as I opened the gate, he appeared out of nowhere and took off. He jumped from tree to tree faster than I could fly. He was having a great time, until he jumped on a tree in Lenny’s exhibit. Lenny was trying to sleep in that very same tree. Now, I don’t need to tell you how leopards are about being disturbed while they are trying to sleep. Lenny swatted at Billy and Billy let out such a shriek I thought for sure the whole zoo was going to wake up. Luckily his mom, Brindi, called out to him and he went straight home whimpering the whole way. Lenny was not too happy, he said he was in the middle of a really cool dream and now it was lost.”

“Wow, sorry to hear that. I didn’t hear anything in my exhibit. Now I understand why Lenny sounds so grumpy this morning. I bet Brindi will keep a close eye on Billy at the ‘Big Event’ to keep him from getting into any trouble over in Mori’s exhibit.”

“We can only hope.”

“So, are you going out again tonight?”

“No, I think I’m going to take a night off. Elvira is complaining that I’m out to often and she would like a night for us to discuss our new nest we are building. I think she’s getting ready to lay some eggs.”

“Oh, well let me know when you go out again. Maybe I can go along and help.”

“Good idea Lito. Bye for now.”

“Bye Elvis.”

Sounds like Billy is a mischievous little chimp. I hope you enjoy listening in on the goings on at the ‘V Zoo’. Drop us a line sometime, we’d love to hear from you. Until next time…

0 comments: