CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, September 6, 2008

Zoo News Sunday, births, adoptions and poop sales!

Hi everyone. Zebee here. Hope you’re having a great weekend and that a visit to your local zoo has been a part of it.


Anyway, this week there are lost of births like every week, but there’s also lots of other, different news. Since I have so many things to report on this week, I’m changing my format a bit. Let me know what you think.


* * * * * * * * * *

Birth announcements:


New rhino calf at San Diego Zoo's Wild Animal Park


Elephant baby born in Emmen Zoo


Three serval cubs born at E. Idaho zoo


Zoo earns its conservation stripes as zebra foal is born


* * * * * * * * * *

Other zoo animal news:


Zoo's white rhino success
Four years of hard work for the staff at Colchester Zoo will come to fruition this week when they release two of the endangered animals back into the wild.


Bearcat exhibit newest addition to Binghamton Zoo at Ross Park
What an interesting animal the bearcat or Binturong is.


Taipei zoo hopes to welcome pandas in November
How cool! New pandas. Maybe my boss Joy will let me go and cover the news when they arrive.


Name The Elephant!
Okay everyone, put on your thinking caps and help the zoo name their new elephant baby. I like Bao best of the list. Which one is your favorite?


Zoo Officials: Last Weekend to See Baby Cubs
If you live near Brownsville, go to the zoo today. How did they get these tiger cubs? Read the story, it’s truly amazing.


Indianapolis Zoo becomes haven for orphaned bear cubs
What a story! I think it’s great the help zoos give to orphaned animals from the wild.


* * * * * * * * * *

Other things going on at the zoos:


Homeschooler workshops at the Memphis Zoo
Read this and then go here if you are interested in more information. I wish I lived in the Memphis area, these workshops sound like fun.


Woodland Park Zoo: The poop lines are open
If you live near Seattle, WA you might want to go there and get some, uh, poop.


Santa Barbara Zoo Visitors Can Now Tour With A Zoo Ranger
This is a beautiful zoo. It’s the first zoo Rebekha went to as a child and where my boss Joy realized she had a great connections with animals.

Nation's best zoos let visitors go wild over exotic animals

What a great list of zoos in the US. Again, the one Rebekha works at is listed. Send me your guess.

* * * * * * * * * *

Whew! That’s all for today. I’m going to have something to eat and take a nap. Globetrotting takes a lot out of this zebra. See you Tuesday.

0 comments: