CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, November 13, 2008

Barb and Frankie the walk and roll dog get an award!


Good morning! Zebee here. Today I have some exciting news top share with you. Do you remember Barb Techel and her dog Franike? We had them here for a visit back in June.

Well, they are back to share some good news with us. Let’s listen in while Barb and my boss Joy talk.

Hi Barb. Hi Frankie. It’s so good to see you again!

Hi Joy. We are really happy to be here. Coming to the ‘V Zoo’ is always a treat. The animals here are very attentive to your guests.

Thank you. They are lots of fun to work with everyday too. So, tell me. I heard through the grapevine that “Frankie, the Walk ‘N Roll Dog” was awarded National Best Books for 2008 by USA Book News in the category of Children’s Picture Book Non-fiction softcover. How exciting! While you were writing the book, did you ever think something like this would happen?

All I knew Joy, was I had to write Frankie’s story. I knew if I didn’t write this book I would regret it at the end of my life. It was that important to me. I have a strong faith and believed (and still do) that if I followed my heart and wrote the story, God would take care of the rest. And He has. Of course, I do my part in making sure I am doing what I can to market it. But I really believe if I do something each day to get my name out there and continue to follow my heart, my story will reach those it is intended to touch. It has and continues to do so. Sharing Frankie’s message with children and hoping we make a difference in their lives is what’s important to me.

I also heard that Frankie was recently nominated for Wisconsin Pet Hall of Fame 2008 in the companion category. You must be so proud of her.

We are. She’s the light of my life. I’m blessed to have her as my pet. Now, tell me about the . . .

Wow! Sounds like Barb and my boss Joy are really excited over Frankie. I can’t blame them. When Barb comes and brings Frankie, all of us here at the ‘V Zoo’ come over to the part of our exhibits that are nearest the walkways you humans use so we can see her. She truly is an inspiration. Just imagine, walking one day and the next day you can’t anymore. Frankie has taught us all that little things like that can be overcome.

My boss Joy has found places you can go on the internet to see Frankie in action. I’m heading over there now. Want to join me?
You can see Frankie on TV and listen to radio interviews here.

Also, if you go to Joyfulpaws you can see a video of Frankie and get a free ‘pawtographed’ photo of Frankie and her favorite poem. While you’re there anyway, check out the store with lot of things with pictures of Frankie like t-shirts, stickers, buttons, tote bag and lot more! I’ll see you there.

See you all back here Sunday for more zoo world news.

1 comments:

Donna J. Shepherd said...

Awwww...what a little angel. Congratulations on the award!