CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, November 6, 2008

Book Review: “Crash!” By Mayra Calvani


Hi kids! Zebee here. Today we have a fun book to share with you. It’s about a boy and his puppy. The lady who wrote it is really neat too. Here she comes now. Hi Mayra!

Hi Zebee. Are you and your zoo friends ready for Crash!?

I am, and I’ve told them all about you coming to visit today. See, they’re all here.

Hello everyone at the ‘V Zoo’. Your boss Joy invited me over today to share my latest picture book “Crash!” with all of you. Here’s a review that will tell you all about it. I hope you enjoy hearing it as much as I enjoyed writing it.

* * * * * * * * * *

Crash!
Author: Mayra Calvani Illustrator: Anna Pylypchuk
Publisher: Guardian Angel Publishing, Inc (March 25, 2008)
ISBN-13: 978-1933090542

Children will love reading about Marcelo and his new puppy in "Crash!" by Mayra Calvani.

Marcelo's parents surprise him on his fifth birthday with a golden retriever puppy--the one thing he wanted more than anything in the world. Thrilled beyond all belief, Marcelo must now learn how to take care of his new puppy: feeding him, walking him, playing with him. But all that is easy compared to finding a name for him.

"Crash!" is a charming story about a boy and his dog and the special relationship that develops between a child and his pet. Author Mayra Calvani shows off her storytelling talents once again, as she did with "The Magic Violin". Calvani has a way of getting right to the heart of children with her touching stories.

Kudos go out to young illustrator, Anna Pylypchuk, whose beautifully drawn illustrations bring Calvani's story to life. My children each had their favorites drawings from the story.

I can't wait to see what Mayra Calvani's next children's book is all about!
--Cheryl Malandrinos, The Book Connection
* * * * * * * * * *

Wow! Sounds like a great book Mayra.

Thank you Zebee. You know, if you pop over to my blog, Crash the Puppy, you can see a trailer of the book, buy the book, and I have links to coloring pages, puzzles and lots more activities. Your parents will like it too. I have a link to the Golden Retriever foundation for education, research and rescue. One more thing, I am donating half of my royalties to the Almost Heaven Golden Retriever Rescue and Sanctuary.

Sounds like a good idea. Hey all you kids (and grownups) out there in Bloggerville, join me over at Crash the Puppy.
We’re so glad you came today Mayra. Hope you drop by again soon.

Thanks again for having me here today Zebee. I had a great time with you and the other animals here at the ‘V Zoo’.

2 comments:

Mayra Calvani said...

Thanks so much for promoting my book on your blog, Joy!
Best,
Mayra

Joy Louise said...

You are most welcome. Zebee tells me that he really enjoyed your visit and that all the animals at the 'V Zoo' want you to come back real soon.

Joy