CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, January 8, 2009

"Creative Calisthenics: A workout for the Writer’s Imagination" by Terri Main


Hello all, Zebee here. Today I have something a little different to share with you.

A friend of my boss Joy, Terri Main, has written a book. It’s not a children’s book, but it’s a book for people who write books, including people who write children’s books. Anyway, Terri and Joy were talking about it when Terri came for a visit last week. Creative Calisthenics: A workout for the Writer’s Imagination, is for writers to use to help them write. Since I write this blog, I ‘borrowed’ it from my boss Joy’s office. Wow! This book is amazing! I got so many great ideas while reading it, yes I can read, that I wanted to share some of it with you. The book’s broken down into chapters like: Chance Encounters, Time Machine, What happens next, picture it!, mall watching, all the little people and on and on.

I liked “From the monster’s point of view” in the “Tell me a story” section. Here you create a monster. What kind of monster would it be? What would they look like? Where are they from? (mine lives in that tree in the back of my exhibit)
Next you tell the story from how they see it. Maybe they are misunderstood, like Frankenstein.
Anyway, I think you get the idea.

So, where can you get this great book? At Creative Calisthenics, that’s where.

Go check it out, who knows, you might come up with a few ideas for stories of your own.

See you Sunday!

4 comments:

Terri main said...

Thanks, Zebee. One of the best ways to write is to act like a kid. Have fun and think of fun things. It's kind of like playing make-believe, just after you are all grown up.

Terri

Joy said...

I totally agree Terri. My boss Joy has never forgotten what it's like to be a child. Glad you stopped by.

Heidiwriter said...

Wow, sounds like a fun book. Inspirational!

Heidi

Joy said...

It is a fun book with lots more than what Zebee talked about. Thanks for stopping by.

Joy