CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, November 19, 2009

Book Review: Triangle Top, The Tale of a Troubled Tribe by Mark Johnson

Good Thursday morning to you all. Zebee here with another really great book. When my boss Joy read this one to us, we all thought back to when we had Mori’s surprise birthday party. Without all of us helping out, the party wouldn’t have happened. Anyway, let me get out of the way so Joy can tell you about “Triangle Top, The Tale of a Troubled Tribe.”

* * * * *
Welcome to the world of the Trylicans. They live in a “tremendous triangular territory known as Triangle Top.” And so begins their adventure. All the Trylicans treasured the tasty treat called trumples and would do anything to get them. In order to get the tasty trumples, they had to work together, which they did beautifully. In their journey to find trumples, Travis the Twebble came across a problem. To get the trumples ahead, they would need to cross some very troubling terrain if they couldn’t turn everyone around. Were the Twebbles able to turn the rest of the tribe around? Did they find more trumples? You’ll find out when you pick up your copy of “Triangle Top, The Tale of a Troubled Tribe.”

Mark Johnson has used the letter “T” and cleverly woven a fun tale about cooperation. Without all parts working towards a common goal, the results might be disastrous. Add in the creative imagination of Christina Rodriguez and her incredible illustrations and you have a book children will truly enjoy. The lesson learned is one they will use throughout their lives.


* * * * *
I don’t know about you, but I really loved this story and want my own copy so I can read it over and over again. I’m going to hop over to Penelope Press and buy my copy today. Care to join me there?

Want to follow along and see what “Triangle Top” is up to? Check out their FaceBook page.

Don’t you just love Christina’s illustrations? Here’s a link to her site. I know she would love to have you drop in and say hi. Tell them my boss Joy sent you, they’re cyber buddies.

Okay, I’ve got to run. We’re starting to plan our Thanksgiving get together and I don’t want to miss out. See you back here Sunday with more zoo news.
posted by Zebee aka Joy Delgado
We go Beyond Reading
Laughing Zebra – Books for Children
Fun ways to help children learn
Books Go Beyond Reading

0 comments: