CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, August 10, 2008

Zoo news Sunday Check out all the things going on around the world

Hello Blogerville fans, Zebee here with another week of zoo news from around the world. Boy is there a lot of news this week. I have 10 different picks for you. We’ve got babies, zoo birthdays, new exhibits and much more. So, grab a nice tall glass of cold lemonade, sit back and have fun.

* * * * * * * * * *


Getting nose to nose with a grizzly
At the Minnesota Zoo you can be just inches away from a grizzly bear. Look at the picture and see just how close you can really be. Also, read about the security measures the zoo is taking to keep you the visitor safe.

Zoo celebrates new giraffe claves
Look! Two baby giraffes. Did you know that giraffes are around 6 feet tall at birth?

In Central Park, Happy Birthday to Zoo
Wow! This zoo first opened in 1864. Read all about the history of the zoo and what they are up to now.

Fossil Exhibit Opens at the Pocatello Zoo
Cool! Digging for fossils! I always wanted to do that. Do you think I can with my hoofs? I’m going to try digging this afternoon.


Phoenix Zoo Acquires a Low Mileage Jag
Isn’t she pretty?

Made In The Shade: Keeping A Cooler Zoo
I’ve heard of Popsicles, but what’s a bloodsicle? Read this to find out.

Horses More of rare breed born at Wild Animal Park
This is great news because this is an endangered species that once was extinct in the wild.

Fly Me to the Zoo at the Beardsley Zoo in Bridgeport
Cool show idea. Anyone live near Bridgeport?

Asian elephant Sabu returns to Cincinnati Zoo
Sabu was gone for 10 years! I bet they are going to have a big welcome home party for him.

US-bred Bengal tigers given to Baghdad zoo
Look at how much fun Riley and Hope are having in their new home.

* * * * * * * * * *


Okay, did you read the one about ‘bloodsicles’? I don’t know about you, but I’m glad my keepers don’t give that to me. See you Tuesday, until then have lots of fun!

0 comments: