CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, September 18, 2008

Book Review from Jack Hanna!

Hi everyone in Bloggerville. I know today I said I was going to have a review for a book that my boss Joy read to her children when they were young, but that's going to have to wait until next week.

I have very exciting news! Well, Joy does. Here she comes with Rebekha, let’s listen in. . .

Wow mom! This is really exciting! A review from Jack Hanna on our book. How did you get it? He’s a very busy man.

I know. I guess it was about a month ago I sent his staff an email. I mentioned that you went to the Santa Fe Community College Teaching Zoo where he’s on the board. They emailed me right back requesting copies of the proofs, so I sent them. Next time I spoke with them, Rick, my contact there, told me that the whole staff really like the book and whole idea and that Jack would be sending me a review in a few weeks.

That’s great. I remember when he came to the Teaching Zoo just before I graduated. He’s a very interesting person and has done a lot to help educate people all over the world about animals.
Can I see the review?

Sure! Here it is:

“Zooprise Party/ Fiesta Zoorpresa” is a delightful, fresh book that is taking children’s literature to a new level! It will be enjoyed in many parts of the world since it is bilingual (in both English and Spanish languages). Not only educational, this book also comes with a fun Activity book and Teacher’s Guide. Look for more in the “Laughing Zebra” series!

Jack Hanna, Director Emeritus, Columbus Zoo
Host, TV’s “Into the Wild”

Mom, that’s fantastic! I guess I’d better get busy writing more stories. How about . . .

Sounds like Rebekha and her mom, my boss Joy are really excited about this. If you want to learn more about Jack Hanna, check out his web site JackHanna.com.

Until Sunday. Zebee out.
Now where did the keepers hide my treats today? Are they over in the . . .

4 comments:

Jennifer Gladen said...

Congrats on the great review! Way to go!

Joy Louise said...

Thanks Jennifer.

Anonymous said...

Woo hoo! How awesome is THAT??

Joy Louise said...

Thanks Kim.