CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, October 23, 2008

Book Launch and TV interview all in the same day!

Hi everyone, Zebee here. Boy did my boss Joy have a big day yesterday. In the morning she had her book launch party at the library and then in the afternoon the show she taped was on TV. I’ll let her tell you as we listen in while she tells Rebekha all about it.

So, mom, how did the launch party go?

Fantastic! Let’s see, we had about 35 to 40 kids there and about equal amount of adults.

That’s really good. Did any of the press show up?

Not during the event, but one photographer showed up after it was over and took pictures of the books. I think I’m going to write and submit an article with pictures to the other newspapers and see if any of them pick it up.

So, did the kids have fun? Tell me how the whole thing went.

Okay. When they first arrived we gave them coloring pages and a small box of crayons. That kept them busy until the show started. When María Chuzema arrived, she was carrying her bird umbrella and the kids all knew who she was. She immediately went into a story about how the zebra got his stripes. That got the kids settled down. She then introduced the book and we took turns reading, her in Spanish and me in English.

Sounds like she really helped out. Did she do anything else?

Yes. After we finished reading the story and everyone applauded, she put on some music and sang and danced with everyone. We even did the chicken dance!

What did she do next?

This was really funny. She went into a monologue skit with lots of tongue twisters and made up words from her show on TV. The kids got all involved and then she started pulling the parents into it and had them act out the other characters in her one woman skit. It was very funny.

Did you sell any books?

I waited until her show was over and then she had me come to the front of the room where I announced the snacks of juice and animal crackers for the children and showed the parents where they could come and buy the books. I sold 23 sets of the book and activity book as well as 5 of the teacher guides.

Wow! That’s great mom! I really wish I could have been there.

Me too honey, but you can watch this slide show and feel like you were right there.


So, tell me, did the TV interview air today like it was supposed to?

Yes, and much to my surprise, they used all the footage they shot with me. The craft she made that was supposed to be part of the show, didn’t make it in at all.

Do you have a copy of it?

Not yet, but María gave me the name and phone number of the person to call as ask for a copy. When I get it I’ll make a copy and send it off to you.

Thanks mom. It sounds like you had a great day. With all this and the reviews we’re getting we should do well.

I agree. Now, let’s go over to the bongo exhibit. I was thinking. . .

Sounds like it was a big success! I can’t wait to tell Mori, Lito, Elvis and the rest of the gang here at the ‘V Zoo’. I’ll fill you all in next week. See you Sunday with more zoo news. Lots of Halloween activities to share as well as other things. Bye for now.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great! You went all out. Nice Job!!!

Joy Louise said...

Thanks Rich.

Donna J. Shepherd said...

I felt like I was right there with you. Loved the pic of the little girl smiling ear to ear. I could tell she really enjoyed your presentation!

Mayra Calvani said...

This is awesome, Joy! Thanks for sharing your experience and the lovely pictures!

Mayra

Joy Louise said...

Thanks Donna. Maybe you can be here next time.

Joy Louise said...

Mayra,
Thanks, I'm glad you enjoyed it!

Lea Schizas - Author/Editor said...

Loved the slide show. and it was great to finally 'see' you Joy. :)

Congratulations. Seems your launch was a total success.

Joy Louise said...

Thanks Lea! Glad you like the slideshow. It was a fun time.