CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, October 2, 2008

Book Review: No More Gunk by Donna Shepherd

Good morning everyone, Zebee here. Another one of my boss Joy’s friends is visiting with one of her books. Donna Shepherd wrote No More Gunk and brought it to share today. Let’s learn about it together.
* * * * *
NO MORE GUNK and OUCH SUNBURN by Donna Shepherd
ILLUSTRATIONS BY: Kevin Scott Collier
PUBLISHED BY: Guardian Angel Publishing (Health & Hygiene Children's Book)
DOUBLE DOOZIE – TWO BOOKS IN ONE!
ISBN: PRINT: Double Doozie: 13-978-1-933090-91-8
E-book: NO MORE GUNK: 13-978-1-933090-91-7
E-book: OUCH! SUNBURN: 13-978-1-933090-60-3
READING LEVEL: Ages 3 on up

Here are what Reviewers have to say:
Humorous, rhyming prose with funny artwork gets a high five, especially when coupled with a second free book! - Gayle Jacobson-Huset, Assistant Editor -- Stories for Children Magazine

A Valuable Mixture of FUN and Practical - Some books for children from ages 4 to 8 are just fun to read--over and over. NO MORE GUNK combines fun with practical. Parents are able to help their children understand the value of consistently brushing their teeth and removing gunk. The snappy rhymes combine with vivid illustrations from Kevin Collier and the combination is irresistible. While not evident on the front cover, you get two books for the price of one with this title. OUCH SUNBURN! teaches the danger from the sun and how small children can protect themselves. Simple thoughtful words combine with terrific artwork. If you have small children, this book could become a read aloud favorite. - Terry Whalin, Agent, Editor, Writer

* * * * *

My boss Joy and Donna read the book to all of us here at the ‘V Zoo’. After hearing them, I’m glad I’m a zebra! How would I hold a toothbrush? The vets come by once a year and check my teeth. They must be perfect because all they ever do is look at them. And as for sunburn, can you imagine a zebra with a sunburn? I’m glad I have a nice fur coat to protect me since I spend most of my days in the sun.
Donna’s book is funny and I’m sure when mom’s and dad’s read it to their children they all laugh. It’s a good way to teach such important lessons.
Thanks for sharing Donna.

* * * * *
Now, here are a bunch of links to cool stuff connected to this book. Go check them out!
Book Trailer – really cute!
Buy the book here: Amazon
No More Gunk blog coloring pages
Ouch Sunburn blog more coloring pages
I’m running over here to get the coloring pages. Maybe my boss Joy will let me paint. I’ve seen Lox the elephant paint. How hard can it be?
Donna’s website learn more about Donna and her other books.
Guardian Angel Publishing This is her publisher.

* * * * *
Well, that’s all for today. I’m going to hide in my boss Joy’s car so I can go to the TV studio with her and watch the taping this afternoon. I’ll tell you all about it on Tuesday.

6 comments:

Donna J. Shepherd said...

I'm glad you think my book is a fun book kids would enjoy. Thanks for featuring it today, Zebee!

Mayra Calvani said...

Great spotlight of Donna's books. Her books are so cute and should be in every classroom shelf.

Anonymous said...

Zeebee

"What's black and white and red all over?" A sunburned zebra!

Donna's book is wonderful and so are you Zeebee.

Shari

Joy Louise said...

We are all looking forward to reading your other books. Can't wait to visit with you again.

Zebee (my boss Joy is away)

Joy Louise said...

Thanks Mayra. When are we going to highlight your books?

Joy aka Zebee, or is it the other way around?

Joy Louise said...

Shari, You make me laugh!

Thank you, (I'm blushing, hey, that makes my cheeks red!)you are a treasured frined.

Zebee