CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, November 18, 2008

A visit with Jennifer Gladen

Good morning everyone in Bloggerville. Zebee here. As promised, Jennifer Gladen is back with us today. We are participating in a Virtual Book Tour. What’s that? Well, we will be having guests visiting with us every other week. Sundays the guest of the week will travel with me to all the world zoos and on Tuesdays and Thursdays we’ll talk with them about all kinds of things like their books and their lives. So, let’s get started.

Hi Jen. As I’m mascot and roving reporter for this blog, I’d like to ask you a few questions. See, we here at the ‘V Zoo’ are very curious about the things that humans do. We’ve met a number of author friends of our boss Joy, and are glad to have the chance to meet you too.
So here goes. Are you ready?

Z: Where do you live? What’s it like there? I’m the only one who gets out of the ‘V Zoo’ and the rest of the gang is always asking what different places are like.

J: Hi Zebee. Thanks for the warm welcome. I’m from Philadelphia, PA. There’s many people and buildings here. Some places seem very busy, but there’s nice, quiet places too such as a nearby park.

Z: Tell us a bit more about your family. Do you have any pets?

J: Well, actually our home is over run by pets. We have a dog, three cats, and a turtle. The dog is a mixed breed— Chihuahua and Rat Terrier. He’s an intelligent, fun and loyal dog.

The cats are another story. I may eventually do a blog about this.
There are two females (Mickey and Mittens) and a male ( Sunny).

Mickey has lived here the longest, and is the self-proclaimed queen of the house. When we took in Mittens off the street, Mickey was not happy. And things only got worse when Sunny came along. Everyone gets along pretty well for the most part. But every once in a while, Mickey wants to remind everyone that she is the queen!

Z: I think I like Mickey’s attitude.

Z: Tell us about your children. I know you have three. They must keep you pretty busy.

J: Absolutely! The girls (Caitlin and Jacqueline) are 8 and 6, and my son (Anthony) just turned 4. They have a ton of energy! Jacqueline and Anthony have chronic medical problems , so I monitor that as well. But you’d never know it. Those two are the ones with the most energy. Caitlin can get energetic as well, but also likes her times of pease and quiet.


Z: With so much going on as a mom, how do you find time to write?

J: That is a great question. Sometimes I think I invent a few more hours in the day. Really, though, it takes plenty of time management. The best time to write is in the morning when all three are at school.

Z: Thanks Jen for spending some time with me here at the ‘V Zoo’. Stick around and take a walk on the Air Walk. The new stuff over at the lion exhibit is really cool. I’ll see you again on Thursday with more on Jen’s book “A Star in the Night” and her online magazine “My Light Magazine”.

If you want to get a sneak peek at some of Jen’s stuff, check her out at:
Jen’s Blog
My Light Magazine
My Light’s Blog
Gap Blog

J: Bye Zebee. I look forward to sharing more with your visitors on Thursday.

11 comments:

Mayra Calvani said...

I enjoy the interview! Thanks for sharing!

Joy Louise said...

Thanks for stopping by Mayra.

Joy

Jennifer Gladen said...

That was a ton of fun!

Vivian Zabel said...

What an interesting interview. Thanks for sharing with us.

Vivian

Anonymous said...

Zebee

You are quite the interviewer. Very interesting questions. I can't wait to learn more.

Shari

Joy Louise said...

Jen, It was tons of fun for us too.
Vivian, glad you enjoyed it.
Shari, thanks *blush*

I'm glad you all have enjoyed visiting the 'V Zoo' today. We love having guests.

Joy aka Zebee, or is it the other way around?

Anonymous said...

I love learning more about Jen and what a great family - kids and animals - my idea of great fun and massive writing ideas all around your.

Dianne

Suzanne Lieurance said...

Hey,

Interesting interview. I can just imagine the house full of kids and animals. What fun! If only I had the energy to keep up with all that.

Suzanne
The Working Writer's Coach
http://www.workingwriterscoach.

Jennifer Gladen said...

Lol- it certainly does take volumes of energy. THe kids keep me on my toes - and the cats - well, they're like having my own comedy show in my own living room...

Joylene Nowell Butler said...

Nice interview. Got the impression you enjoyed yourself. That's always a treat. Too many interviewers out there who slide through the questions without any real interest.

Nice site.

Joy Louise said...

Thanks Joylene. I do have fun here in the 'V Zoo'.

Joy aka Zebee, or is it the other way around?