CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, July 16, 2009

Book Review: My Friends at the Zoo by Richard Paniello


Good Thursday to you, Zebee here. I have a book about a zoo for you today. Here's what my boss Joy had to say about it.

* * * * *
"My Friends at the Zoo" is an adorable story about a little girl’s day at the zoo. Her romp with the animals is sure to grab any child’s imagination. She makes the peacock a fancy hat, swims with the otters and skips rope with the elephants. Her adventures continue all day long with many more animals in the zoo.

Richard Paniello really has a way with rhyming in a very vivid way. Along with Vicky Knoll’s illustrations you are that little girl enjoying yourself at the zoo.

Reading “My Friends at the Zoo” will make you put on your sneakers and head for your local zoo.
* * * * *
Now it's my turn. I liked this book a lot. I wish that children could come into our exhibits and play with us like she dreams about in this story. I'd love to jump and run with them. Oh well, I guess that's not possible. We are wild animals and I guess that wouldn't be a very good idea.

So, where you can buy “My Friends at the Zoo?”

Three Peas in a Pod Publishing
The Denver Zoo
Poor Richard’s Bookstore, Parker, CO
Spradlin Printing, Parker, CO



I'll see you back here Sunday for more soo news. How are you coming along with your lizard arts and crafts? If you haven't started yet, go to this weeks page for zoo camp and at the bottom you'll find everything you need to make your lizards. Be sure to send in a picture so we can post them here nest Tuesday.

Bye for now!

Zebee out. Ahhh, the grass is nice and soft under this tree. I think I'll take a nap.


posted by Zebee aka Joy Delgado
We go Beyond Reading
Laughing Zebra – Books for Children
You learned that from a picture book!?!
Books Go Beyond Reading

0 comments: